As a certified consultant with the Canadian Sport Psychology Association, I offer individual and team consultations to teach performance enhancement skills and techniques. Areas of focus many include the following:
- Strategies to reach performance potential in sport and/or other aspects of life
- Regulating arousal, stress and/or emotions
- Improve confidence, motivation, and concentration
- Mentally plan for training and competitions
- Improve communication skills
- Learn specific performance enhancement techniques (e.g. goal setting, imagery, mindfulness, meditation)
- Improve recovery and regeneration
- Debrief and evaluate performance or programs
- Improve decision making processes
- Rehabilitate from an injury
- Make a positive transition from sport
With over 10 years of experience working as a mental performance consultant I have worked with many individual and team sports (recreational, youth to elite/National and Olympic team athletes) including: cross-country skiing, biathlon, triathlon, track and field, swimming, Paralympic Goalball, BMX, mountain bike and road cycling, dancing, gymnastics, golf, soccer, alpine skiing, figure skating, hockey, beach volleyball, short and long track speed skating, and rowing
I am currently a service provider for the Canadian Sport Institute – Pacific
As a consultant I draw on nearly 30 years of competitive experience including soccer, volleyball, basketball, elite running and mountain biking, and currently as a professional off-road triathlete
Individual Sport Consultation: All individual consultations begin with an assessment of mental skills and goals. The number of sessions needed will then be determined. Consultation may include viewing of previous competitions (if available), coach involvement, on-site sessions and monitoring forms. Sessions may be conducted in person, by phone, Skype or email.
Group/Team Services: Half day, full day, or regular hourly sessions are available for groups of individual athletes or teams. Charges will vary with the number of athletes and sessions.
Coach Services: Assistance for coaches may include: group training in mental skills or individual consultation. Individual hourly fees remain the same, group estimates can be provided.
Keynotes: Sport psychology topics for your next team, club, association meeting. Cost varies according to how many hours required, please inquire.
Skype Sessions: Whether you’re out of town or just on the road, Skype enables us to meet face to face online. Contact me and I will sent you my intake and mental skills inventory forms and email them to me. We can then set up a time for us to meet online.